Download Windows 10 Pro & Home
If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10, you can use the tools on
this page to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
- Read the System Requirements.
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). For more information about product keys and when they are required, visit the FAQ page.
- For Enterprise editions please visit the Volume Licensing Service Center.
Use the media creation tool to download Windows. This tool provides the best download experience for customers running Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. To learn how to use the tool, go to the Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
page. Tool includes:
- File formats optimized for download speed.
- Built in media creation options for USBs and DVDs.
- Optional conversion to ISO file format.
|“How does one download the ISO offering of Windows 8.1 Pro without having a MSDN subscription?”While the Windows 8.1 for Enterprise ISO is readily available and unaware that downloading the Pro version was not as easy, a bit of digging was required to find an adequate answer to this problem. The solution is as follows:
- With Windows 8 or 8.1 license key in hand, select to either install Windows 8 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro. NOTE: Remember to select the corresponding install that matches your key. If you have a Windows 8 key, you can still upgrade to Windows 8.1 afterwardsNOTE: You can only download the Windows 8 or 8.1 Pro ISO with a valid license key. If you wish to only evaluate Windows 8.1 please download Windows 8.1 for Enterprise ISO.
- When asked run the WindowsSetupBox.exe file
- Enter the Windows 8 or 8.1 license key when prompted
- Once the license key is entered, the WindowsSetupBox.exe will respond with the corresponding version of Windows 8.1 (Standard or Pro) to install. Click Next to continue
- The download of the corresponding Windows 8.1 version commences.NOTE: No installation of Windows 8 or 8.1 commences at this time. Only the pertianat files required for the installation are downloaded
- Once the download has completed, you are presented with the following choices:Install now: Will immediately install Windows 8 or 8.1 on the computer it is downloaded onInstall by creating media: Will create an ISO of Windows 8 or 8.1 to installed via a bootable USB or DVDInstall later from your desktop: Creates an executable to install Windows 8 or 8.1 later from your computerTo create the ISO select Install by creating media and then select Next
- Next you are provided the option to either create a bootable USB Flash Drive or create an ISO file to burn to a disk later. Installing Windows 8 or 8.1 is easier, however should you not have the appropriate sized flash drive available, select ISO file and the select Save
- At this point, you are prompted to save your newly downloaded Windows 8 or 8.1 ISO file to your desired directory or hard drive